Strong foundations, Stronger communities...
Dales in the Community
Dales in the Community was launched in October, 2011 amid a flurry of activity which involved many of Dales Housing’s staff, along with some of our partners, spending a day in the neighbourhoods on the ‘Big Clean-up’ initiative. Please see our You Tube blog for more details.
Dales in the Community represents our intention to be much more than just a landlord interested in only in tenancy matters. We believe in playing our part to creating healthy and happy neighbourhoods and communities where people want to live, work and play. Dales in the Community is our way of staff volunteering to add value to neighbourhoods by getting out there, collaborating with residents and partners, together making a difference.
Below is a list of some of our Dales in the Community activities already undertaken:
- Community clean-up days
- Funded and helped carry out the work to provide a local primary school with a Magic Room to help children in difficulty express themselves
- Took part in National Rural Action Week
- Held community fun days with key partners such as the Police, Fire Service and District Council
- Funded flower beds for the passing through of the Olympic Torch procession
- Provided staff volunteers and funded park activity events
- Held Community Respect Action Week to encourage community cohesion
- Worked with Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School on an inter-generational initiative involving many of our older tenants
- Gardening and planting day with our mental health partners
- Co-hosted a Welcome Day, building links with migrant communities
- Baked and served food to those in need with one of our homelessness partners
- Staff donated food and clothes to a local charity
If you have any ideas for a Dales in the Community event, please contact us.
Dales Housing Limited. Registered Office - 1700 Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, Solihull, B37 7YD
Company Registered in England, Number 4201820. VAT Registration Number 917 941 988. Registered with the HCA.