Strong foundations, Stronger communities... accessibilityAccessibility choose languageLanguage facebook twitter

Housing advice

Do you need independent advice on housing issues?

Do you have any other problems or issues where you need advice or help?

There are a number of organisations that will provide information on a range of issues. Details of the organisations are given below

Citizens Advice Bureau

Citizens Advice Bureaux provide free, confidential and independent advice from various locations. Advice is available face-to-face and by telephone. Most bureaux offer home visits and some also provide email advice.

Staff at advice bureaux help people resolve issues regarding debt, benefits, housing, legal, discrimination, employment, immigration, consumer and other problems

Go to to find details of your local bureaux.

Alternately you can access online advice by visiting including frequently asked questions on a wide range of topics and factsheets to download.

Derbyshire Housing Aid

Derbyshire Housing Aid provides free, specialist legal advice service offering help on housing, benefit and debt issues. For details on how to access the service go to

Age Concern

Age Concern offers help and support for anyone over 50. For further information contact the free phone information line on 0800 00 99 66 or go to


Free unbiased advice from independent agencies. A free resource to help you quickly find the information you need to claim benefits, access help and support or look for a job or training opportunities. Other services include sections on banking, insurance and how to manage debt.