Strong foundations, Stronger communities...
Dales Housing strongly advises its customers to have insurance cover for their household contents.
Dales Housing provides a low cost home contents insurance scheme through Royal & Sun Alliance, which you can pay for with your rent.
This fact sheet contains information about our scheme and if you require any further information or wish to join the scheme, please contact your Housing Officer.
Tenants Contents Insurance Scheme – Fact Sheet
The scheme is open to all Dales Housing Ltd tenants. It is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc, one of the UK’s largest insurers. Marsh has been appointed to arrange this scheme with Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc on behalf Dales Housing Ltd.
The aim of the scheme is to provide a basic, low cost contents insurance policy for Dales Housing Ltd tenants. Many tenants do not have access to financial products, due to not holding a bank account. This scheme is negotiated specifically for Social Landlords and their tenants who may otherwise be financially excluded.
Scheme Benefits include;
- No excess on claims
- No additional security requirements on the building – whatever the landlord deems necessary is adequate
- Easy Payment along with rent
- Low Minimum Sum Insured
- New for old cover
- Administration by insurer
- Premiums collected along with rent payments
- Premiums vary according to sum insured. Please refer to Rate Table in prospectus for information.
- Minimum Sum Insured of £9,000 (£7,000 for tenants aged 60 or over and in receipt of state pension).
- Increments of £1,000 up to a Maximum Sum Insured of £30,000.
Application / Administration
- Scheme is fully administered by Direct Group Property Services, who act on behalf of Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc.
- Prospectus / Application form’s available from Dales Housing Ltd
- The scheme loss adjuster is Direct Group Property Services
- For a claim form, or to make a claim over the phone, telephone 08456 718 171.
- Explosion, Lightning, Earthquake
- Water Damage
- Impact (Aircraft, vehicle, train, Animal)
- Falling Trees or Branches
- Malicious Damage
- Storm / Flood
- Theft or Attempted Theft
- Rent and Alternative Accommodation
- Temporary Removal
- Reinstatement of Documents
- Accidental Damage (TV’s, Videos, Hi-Fi, Satellite Decoders, Computers, Mirrors, Ceramic hobs in cookers and fixed glass in furniture)
- Freezer Contents
- Lost or Stolen Keys
- Metered Oil and Water for heating
- Bogus Officials
- Contents in the Open
- Students Possessions
- Professional removals
- Optional cover away from the home for Personal possessions, Electric Scooters or Wheelchairs and Digital Hearing Aids
This is not an exhaustive list, for full details, refer to policy booklet available from you Housing Officer.
Dales Housing Limited. Registered Office - 1700 Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, Solihull, B37 7YD
Company Registered in England, Number 4201820. VAT Registration Number 917 941 988. Registered with the HCA.