Strong foundations, Stronger communities... accessibilityAccessibility choose languageLanguage facebook twitter

Can I apply for a transfer?

Dales Housing aims to meet the needs of its existing tenants who have a genuine requirement to move to alternative accommodation. The criteria set out in the Home-Options policy, which is available from Dales Housing or can be viewed or downloaded from the website, is used to assess the level of priority tenants who request a transfer to alternative accommodation have.

To be eligible for a transfer to alternative accommodation you must register on Home-Options. Once registered we will assess your need for a move and will write to give you a reference number and tell you which band (A, B, C or D) you have been placed in and your priority date. Available properties are advertised on the website and on the Home-Options property list. You can then bid by post, text, telephone, or on-line.

As a general rule you must fulfil the following conditions before you can transfer: